Posts Tagged lifestyle
Open up and read this blog post about our exclusive ‘never seen before’ review on lip products by a new British niche ‘lip focused colour cosmetics brand’ Kiss Cosmetics ❤
Kiss Cosmetics specialises in quality lip products focusing solely on lips for all skin-tones (finally a brand that cares!). They also cater for the “not so much” to “I’m very confident” dolls. Kiss Cosmetics have entered the market at the right time as lips have become a hot topic thanks to trend-setters like Kylie Jenner!
The development of the Kiss Cosmetics product has been influenced and shaped by one of many key stakeholders – Beauty Bloggers (bbloggers) and Make-up Artists alike. Kiss Cosmetics ensured to involve feedback where possible to bring the most realistic and best products into the market!
Just to add, for my brand conscious dolls, Kiss Cosmetics IS a local British Brand; therefore for those who are actively boycotting bigger beauty brands (*Estee Lauder group*) can find Kiss Cosmetics as a safer alternative. 😉
*We have been given Locked Lips to trial alongside the mini KISStick.*
Here is the Locked Lips. As the name states, it is a lip sealant to keep your lipstick woes at bay to ensure that lipsticks don’t cross the line and stay within your pout! So, when you’re drinking tea (like me) or biting into a messy burger (like me again) you should be confident that your lip colour is ‘locked down’ and truly put.
The Locked Lips is due to launch online on 29th April, 2015.
Locked Lips comes in a glass container (3.1ml) with a nail polish brush attached for use. For those who love the smell of nail polish, you will enjoy this smell! For those who dislike strong scents, unfortunately this lip sealant is slightly strong in smell.
Here are the ingredients:
You need to ensure your lips are fully hydrated and not dry/chapped or cracked as the lip seal contains preserving alcohols which naturally gives a burning sensation. Please ensure you hydrate your lips before use!
How I Used This Product – PLUS a mini lip tutorial =D
- Once lips are hydrated (I use L’Occitane Lip Balm for hydration) I dust translucent powder on top of my lips to lock in moisture from the balm;
- Use your favourite lip liner to line your lips. Here is one method to lining your lips:
- Using Kiss Cosmetics KISStick in Frisky Fuchsia fill your lips;
- Blot the KISStick on tissue paper then dab and fill the lips with Locked Lips and wait for 1 min;
- THEN…as we say on Belle Amour > Pout. Wink… and Kiss! Voilla! You now have ‘woe free’ Locked Lips for 10 hours (trailed and tested), so be confident!
Personal Experience, Feedback and Tips:
We have used the Locked Lips for 3 consecutive days to bring you first-hand reliable feedback. Here are some main points we have experienced and found:
– Just like any other sealant, the Locked Lips is quite sticky when wet, so, if you close your lips early you may get slightly stuck. Do not close your mouth and allow 1 min to dry;
– Locked Lips gives a tingling sensation to the lips; for the dolls who love a plumpy pout, this can be in your aid!
– Once Locked Lips is applied, it provides an additional shiny glazed finish to the lips;
– After 4-5 hours, the thin film of Locked Lips looses its glazing shine and lipstick starts feeling matte yet slightly moisturised but not drying;
– Locked Lips showed no signs of cracking, peeling and does not leave a bitter taste on your lips;
- Make-Up Artist Tip: Increase the longevity of your client’s lipstick. Pour 2 drops of Locked Lips on a palette, use a synthetic lip brush and dab the product on your client’s lips 🙂
– Due to Denatured Alcohol being present in the ingredients, the nail polish brush stays hygienically clean as product build-up breaks down into smaller fragments. When using Locked Lips, it is apparent that the lipstick stain will transfer on the bristles; especially when you are switching between colours. Rest assured that interchanging lipsticks (when used in conjunction with Locked Lips) WILL NOT transfer onto your current colour.
For my busy dolls living a hectic life-style, topping your lips can be a pesky task. Sometimes I am booked with a day’s worth of meetings, therefore distancing myself from my desk vanity area. I have drank tea, ate foods to really give the Locked Lips a full-on trial.
Here is my tea cup, it has little harmless transfer:
Kiss Cosmetics KISSTICK:
Alongside the Locked Lips, a mini KISSTICK was kindly given in the shade Frisky Fuchsia. The KISStick has finally been launched yesterday (22nd April) available in 10 shades and I was lucky to get my hands on one of these cruelty free lippys!
As I have an olive skin tone, this beautiful raspberry mid-toned shade went well with my skin-tone. Frisky Fuchsia is a pigmented creamy lipstick. For those who dislike matte lipsticks, you will enjoy the moisturising formula as it glides effortlessly on the lips.
Frisky Fuchsia Swatches:
Whip your lips to shape with Locked Lips and feel confident that it is cruelty free beauty. Work the pout and be wise with your money as you invest in a cost-effective yet a quality make-up brand; now that’s a compromise 😉
Kiss Cosmetics operate on the following medias:
Since college days (Ahh yes… The good old days!) , I’ve somewhat known about Nip + Fab products. How? (So you must be thinking…), my friends used to frequently post about their beauty hauls on Facebook status where I initially discovered this brand (so it subliminally imprinted on my brain since). I followed up to see where you can purchase Nip + Fab from – turned out only selected stores or their e-commerce site stocked them (wasn’t an Internet shopper back then).
A few months onwards, Glamour Magazine once featured their products on the health and beauty section and mentioned how Nip + Fab is one of the Celebrity beauty staples; vaguely remembering the singer Jamelia using it for cellulite/body lotion fix.
Just last week, I popped in to a bigger Superdrugs store and to my surprise, I stumbled across the ‘raved about’ Nip + Fab products. I was so excited to see this product being available AND stocked locally too that I had to pick at least two items up.
What came to my attention was the price, it was an absolute bargain! But that was quite strange when a few years earlier, I was not intrigued to purchase a £20 lotion (due to being a student and living that typical student life). Looks like their pricing and brand positioning strategies have changed.
As you can see from the above picture, I purchased the Nip+Fab Yoga Blend Body Lotion for only £4.25 (left) and the Nip+Fab Detox Blend Body Lotion also £4.25 🙂 we could not get lower than that back in my days (damn I feel so old -.-) !
The verdict : If you scan through the Superdrugs online store, under the Nip and Fab section, you will notice there are a few products ranging from £15+. I’m certainly laughing (in a good and happy way) as those same products were only available full price before and now they’re quite affordable and very cheap.
So far, I have used the Detox Body lotion and am liking the non-greasy feel and quick absorption.
It is 490ml so you cannot go wrong, even more because it comes with a pump which you can recycle if you must!
If you like the fresh scents of subtle tea tree or jasmine with that fresh scent of cucumber, then I am pretty sure you will like this lotion. OR, you may be like my cousin who put the bottle down after testing ‘ERGH! That smells like toilet freshener’. either way dolls, test and smell before purchasing!