Posts Tagged biotechnology
Here we have a premium gel moisturiser by Algenist – a skincare brand from San Francisco. We have been kindly sent Algenist products for review by Space NK, London. If you have big pores, oily/dull skin this could be the moisturiser you are looking for! Read more below…
I would like to say that I ‘suffer’ from large pores on my nose, have an unbalanced skin texture (certain areas contain blemishes) as well as an oily T-Zone. Most of us ‘suffer’ from all types of conditions on our skin whereby looking for the right skincare could be a difficult task; it could be a waste of time, effort and investment!
For me, a good start to the day (everyday) is with a good moisturiser . I always take max 3mins to massage moisturiser in circular motions using my right hand with my index, middle and ring fingers. I take time with the moisturiser in the mornings whilst getting ready for work; the quick facial massage helps to relax my muscles and skin tissues before a start to a busy day. It is also one of my beauty secrets for a morning radiant look! 😀
What makes a good moisturiser is a product which does exactly what it says on the tin. I personally invest a lot of money on moisturisers as I do take them seriously; it is my morning skin breakfast! 😉
The moisturiser for review is the Algenist Multi-Perfecting Pore Corrector Gel Moisturiser. This moisturiser is for people with large pores, blemishes and combination skin type.
Upon feeding my skin with the goodness of the Algenist moisturiser, it adequately fed the right amount of ‘moisture’ to my skin without the ‘dry-like’ feeling that most oil-free moisturisers do. If your main skin concern is the production of sebum on the face, this lightweight gel formula will help regulate a balance on the skin as it contains salicylic acid which is good for acne/blemish sufferers.
The gel moisturiser is also refreshing in scent. It smells somewhat like seaweed and has a fresh botanical like smell.
If you are an OCD freak (like me) you may not be comfortable digging your fingers to get a lump of gel out the tub; I do not think I can share this product . Even if you were to get a spatula to scoop some product out, it made me ponder and question the active ingredients in this tub. Does the gel expire as soon as sunlight hits? Does the active ingredients stop working as soon as oxygen is present? Is the tub ‘good enough’ to hold the contents of the gel or is a pump better (to maintain hygiene AND perhaps maintain the ‘active ingredients’?)? Who thinks about a moisturiser so much (lol)?! (so you must be wondering) but due to the price of this product (£50 Space NK) you must be curious to see if it is worth your money! 😛
Then… ❗ it somehow made sense to why the tub was not fancy, but a matt grey film covering the glass thick container was to keep the sunlight out! Smart!
Upon 3 months of use, here are my findings in a condensed bite sized summary:
- This gel moisturiser does not contain SPF (Sun Protection Factor). Therefore it is best to apply sun block to the face first then apply this moisturiser on top;
- If you plan to spend the entire day at home, I guess you can lay off the SPF and allow the ingredients to absorb into your skin; Enjoy!
- The cream unfortunately rolls when you over massage the face! I dislike creams which roll off, why o’ why! I recommend my beauty tribe to not use this cream the days you are wearing makeup/using it as a make-up base as over blending causes the gel to roll off;
- I find the cream at its best state when it is just the SPF and the moisturiser. The cream does not roll and does not look like dead skin cells (ewww);
- I have noticed the reduction on the size of pores on my nose and an even skin balance across my face!
- Provides adequate skin nourishment (especially if you have combination skin) whilst preventing production of excess oils.
- T-Zone area seems to be under control as face stays oil-free for longer!
If you are/were planning to purchase this product, I hope this blog post has provided you with an insight as well as contributing thoughts for an informed decision!